New Beginnings are medically-integrated health and fitness programs at Conway Regional Health and Fitness Center. These programs are for individuals who are managing chronic medical conditions including heart disease and diabetes.Each program is designed to improve individual health and fitness and support patient recovery. Communication with your physician and a multidisciplinary team ensure you receive fitness and other healthy lifestyle support for your condition. All participants are guided through an individualized exercise program that incorporates health and fitness goals and addresses fitness deficiencies in strength, endurance and flexibility.
The ultimate goal of New Beginnings is to help participants assume responsibility for their own exercise program while under the guidance of a qualified fitness expert.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for Americans. A regular exercise program combined with healthy eating habits can help manage heart disease including many of the risk factors associated with it such as hypertension, high cholesterol and overweight/obesity.Heart Healthy is an exclusive exercise program specifically designed to address the needs of patients recently discharged from Phase 2 (outpatient) cardiac rehabilitation or who have been diagnosed with some form of cardiovascular disease.
If you have diabetes, being active makes your body more sensitive to insulin (the hormone that allows cells in your body to use blood sugar for energy), which helps manage your diabetes. Physical activity also helps control blood sugar levels and lowers your risk of heart disease and nerve damage. Daily Diabetes is a unique exercise program specifically designed to address the needs of patients who have been diagnosed with Type 1 or 2 diabetes.
New Beginnings programs include:
- Pre- and post-program assessment reported to referring physician
- InBody analysis administered to provide an in-depth look at your body composition
- Individualized exercise program three times per week under the guidance of a degreed/certified fitness specialist
- Gradual coaching and instruction to assume exercise independence
- Multi-month maintenance option
- Program fee | $50 per month
- Offered Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 7:30 - 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Waived enrollment fee to the fitness center upon completion of the program